- Mission Trail collects garbage and green waste using trucks fueled by Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) and run on a two-pass system. Your garbage and green waste carts are therefore serviced at different times of the day.
- Garbage goes in the black cart, yard trimmings go in the green cart.
- Securely wrap or bag loose materials like cool ashes, sawdust, and pet waste before placing in the garbage cart. This will prevent them from littering your neighborhood when carts are serviced.
- Hazardous waste is not allowed in any cart.
- All carts must be at the curb by 7am on collection day to assure service. Please place them in the gutter with wheels against the curb, at least 3 feet away from each other and from other obstacles such as parked cars, trees and low-hanging branches, fire hydrants, etc. Do not overload carts or wedge materials inside. Lids must fully close.
- After carts have been emptied, return them to the backyard, side yard, or designated storage location until next collection day.
Mission Trail Waste System is proud to provide garbage and green waste (Clean Green) collection services to Santa Clara residents! Please visit the City of Santa Clara’s website for detailed information about garbage, green waste, and recycling collection. Links to key information regarding the collection program for single-family homes are provided below.
Note that the collection program for multi-family residential complexes is not the same as for single-family homes. For information regarding services for multi-family residential complexes, please contact the City of Santa Clara’s Customer Service Department at 408-615-2300.
- City of Santa Clara Public Works Department
- Garbage, Clean Green, Recycling, and Household Hazardous Waste Programs
Additional Resources for Residents (of single-family homes and multi-family complexes):
- Santa Clara County Recycling & Waste Reduction Commission/Bay-Friendly Gardening and Home Composting
- County of Santa Clara Household Hazardous Waste, Electronic Waste, and Fluorescent Bulb Recycling
- San Jose State University Center for the Development of Recycling – Searchable Database
- CalRecycle Electronic Product Management Directory
- Junk Mail Reduction
- California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle)
- Environmental Kids Club (U.S. EPA)