Publications & Resources
The following outreach materials were designed to help commercial customers make the most of available programs and services.
- Commercial Recycling Guide
- What Goes in the Garbage?
- What Goes in the Recycling?
- What Goes in the Organics?
- What happens to my garbage?
- What happens to my recyclables?
- What happens to my organics?
- Rate Increase Postcard
Print the above from your own printer or contact us to order hard copies of the Guide and/or the posters showing what goes in the garbage/recycling/organics.
- March 2019 (Importance of Recycling, Crime Prevention, Upcoming Events)
- December 2018 (Storm Drains, Tree Recycling & Holiday Schedule)
- September 2018 (Green Sword, Clean Enclosures, Holiday Schedule)
- June 2018 (No To Plastic Straws or Black Bags, Reminders, Upcoming Events)
- March 2018 (Title AB341 Info, Debris Box Service, Upcoming Events)
- September 2017 (Its good to buy green, Title AB341 Info, Service Reminders)
- July 2017 (Ways to save, 3 Bin System & more)
- June 2017 (Rate Increase Postcard)
- March 2017 (Ways to save H20, Recycling & more)
- December 2016 Newsletter (We Can Help, Zero Waste, Recycle Reminders)
- September 2016 Newsletter (Assembly Bill 341, Paperless Billing, Holiday schedule.)
- June 2016 Newsletter (AB1826, Thank You, Service Reminders, etc.)
- March 2016 Newsletter (Right Size, Right Service, Upcoming Events, Environmental Purchasing)
- December 2015 Newsletter (Zero Waste, Holiday Schedule, etc.)
- September 2015 Newsletter (Cardboard Basics, Food Scraps, Upcoming Events, etc….)
- June 2015 Newsletter (Conserving water, recycling tips, debris box services, etc)
- March 2015 Newsletter (Right Size, Right Service, Upcoming Events & more)
- December 2014 Newsletter (Holiday Schedule, Food Scraps, and more)
- September 2014 Newsletter (Green Purchasing, Free Recycling Assistance, Hazardous Waste Disposal, Service Reminders, and more)
- June 2014 Newsletter (Water Conservation, Junk Mail Reduction, Upcoming Events, and more)
- March 2014 Newsletter (EPS/Styrofoam Ordinance, Los Altos Farmers’ Market, Cleaning Reusable Bags, and more)
- December 2013 Newsletter (Composting Holiday Food Scraps, Holiday Waste Reduction Tips, Holiday Collection Schedule, Holiday Tree Collection, Recycling Reminders)
- September 2013 Newsletter (Green Purchasing, Holiday Schedule, Hazardous Waste Disposal, and more)
- June 2013 Newsletter (Food Scraps Program, Junk Mail Reduction, Debris Box Service, Bulky Item Collection, and more)
- March 2013 Newsletter (Green Business Program, What Belongs in the Recycling, and more)
- December 2012 Newsletter (Holiday Waste Reduction, Holiday Service Schedule, Recycling Reminders, Hazardous Waste Disposal, Composting Holiday Trees)
- September 2012 Newsletter (LEED Certification / Packard Foundation’s new facility, Organics Program Tools, Service Reminders)
- June 2012 Newsletter (Green Shopping, Bulky Item Collection, and CFL Disposal)
- March 2012 Newsletter (California's New Mandatory Recycling Law, Organics Program Reminders, and More)
- December 2011 Newsletter (Holiday Waste Reduction, and more)
- September 2011 Newsletter (Composting & Recycling Is Good For More Than Your Bottom Line, Recycling Reminders, and Keeping Your Green Bin Clean)
- June 2011 Newsletter (Being Green Pays Off, Recycling Downtown, Hazardous Waste Disposal, and Debris Box Service)
- March 2011 Newsletter (Save Money by Recycling & Composting, Bulky Item Collection, and Bay Area Green Business Program)
- December 2010 Newsletter (Go Green, Save Money & Reducing Holiday Waste)
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
- Santa Clara County Waste Management Division
- Cal Recycle
- City of Los Altos
- California Department of Conservation
- Enivronmental Protection Agency
- Los Altos Environmental Commission
- RecycleStuff.org (search engine for drop-off recycling locations)