On-Call Bulky Item Collection Program
Got extra stuff?
Santa Clara single family and townhome residents can now schedule bulky item collection service for $148.51 per service. Payments are made over the phone using a major credit card. Check out our collection guidelines for more detailed information once you have scheduled your service.
Here’s how it works:
- Contact Mission Trail to schedule your pickup day and pickup location. Appointments are first-come, first-served. If you live on a private street, please confirm with your owner’s association that we have written permission to enter your street before scheduling.
- Prior to your scheduled cleanup day, two 4’x4’x4’ bags will be delivered. Each bag will hold up to 2 cubic yards of trash.
- Place the bags in the street curbside when you are ready to start filling them. If you live in a townhome, please contact your owner’s association before scheduling to confirm additional placement instructions.
- Fill the bags with miscellaneous items*. Commonly disposed of items include books, magazines, toys, clothing, exercise equipment, housewares, packaging materials (styrofoam blocks, large boxes), & yard trimmings.
- Next to the bags, you may put out up to three bulky items. Common bulky items include mattresses, sofas, dishwashers, water heaters and similar furnishings and appliances.
- Using a special flatbed truck, Mission Trail will return on your scheduled service day to remove the bags and bulky items.
- Your two bags and bulky items will be collected in one trip on your scheduled collection day. Everything must be ready prior to 6am. Charges may apply for rescheduling or if multiple collection trips are requested.
Ready to schedule your On-Call Cleanup? Give us a call at 408-727-5365. We’ll send you a confirmation notice along with a list of collection guidelines. Please contact us as far in advance as possible. Appointments are scheduled in the order received.
*Each bag has a weight limit of 1.5 tons. If the bag is unable to be lifted by our truck, the customer will have to remove items until the bag can be safely removed. Items labeled toxic, poisonous, hazardous, or flammable cannot be collected through the On-Call Cleanup Program. Please do not place liquids, automotive batteries, fluids, treated wood, tires, hazardous or infectious waste in the On-Call Cleanup Program bags. Contact us for available collection options or visit one of Santa Clara County’s free drop-off facilities. Visit www.HHW.org or call 408.299.7300 for information.